Ask your eye doctor
How about getting medical advice at the comfort of your home? Well that’s now possible with Sightsavers’ ‘Ask your eye doctor’ initiative!
Through this initiative, we will connect you with our Sr. Ophthalmologist to give you an expert opinion/ advice on any eye health issue that you may be facing.
Besides medical advice, we are more than happy to help you with any query around blindness and/ or low vision.
How do I ‘Ask your eye doctor’?
Simply fill up the form below and click on the submit button we will try to come back to you within 48 hours*.
It is important that you elaborately explain your issue for the ophthalmologist at Sightsavers to have a fair idea of your problem and advice accordingly. The doctor may not necessarily prescribe anything but just offer general guidelines. The panel would also not indulge in second opinions/ cross consultations of already diagnosed cases. However, if you want to know more about the diagnosis or related issue, the panel can certainly help.
However, please note…
It is important for you to understand and appreciate that it will not be possible/ be appropriate to advise treatment or medication unless the ophthalmologist physically examines the condition. Hence this needs to be looked at as opinion seeking rather than finding a solution to your problem. This however will also help you understand your condition better.
Terms and conditions
- The “Ask your eye doctor” initiative taken by Sightsavers does not guarantee or take responsibility for the cure of your eye
- This initiative has been taken just to enhance general awareness about common eye problems and to provide basic guidance and offer an insight on general eye health
- There may be certain queries that may need further investigation so it is in your best interest to consult an eye specialist in person for immediate treatment
- There may be queries for which no immediate answers are available. This programme does not guarantee the answers to your queries
- Although, we would try to get back to you with a solution within 48 hours but at times it may take longer
- In case of emergencies please do not wait for a response but consult an eye specialist
- The “Ask your eye doctor” facility is available from Monday to Friday (9.30 am to 5.30 pm). This facility would not be available during national or public holidays
- The panel would not indulge in second opinions/ cross consultations of already diagnosed cases. However, if you want to know more about the diagnosis or related issue, the panel can certainly help
- Sightsavers takes no responsibility and cannot be held responsible or liable in any manner of and about the consequences of any advice provided herein. You are advised to consult an independent eye expert before taking any prescription
- Sightsavers reserves the right to withdraw the “Ask your eye doctor” initiative at any point of time without any prior intimation